On Jan. 30, Gartner issued its Magic Quadrant for Managed Workplace Services, North America, and CompuCom was positioned in the Leaders quadrant. For those unfamiliar with Gartner’s Magic Quadrant, it is a chart depicting vendor performance in a particular market segment, with categories for Leaders, Challengers, Visionaries and Niche players. Gartner evaluates vendors and places them accordingly on the Magic Quadrant based on a number of criteria, including a company's completeness of vision and ability to execute, for a visual snapshot of a market and its players.
All of us at CompuCom are very proud to be positioned as a Leader, and it’s especially rewarding that we’ve remained a leader in the end-user outsourcing space over many years. We’re in the business of transforming organizations so they can remain competitive for years to come, and meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations is at the foundation of CompuCom’s philosophy. Managed services represents a key component of our business, and we are continually working to empower clients to offer digital services.
Gartner defines managed workplace services (MWS) as a subset of the IT outsourcing (ITO) market. The latest Magic Quadrant replaces the Magic Quadrant for End-User Outsourcing Services to reflect the significant changes that occurred in the end-user outsourcing (EUO) market in the last three years. MWS includes traditional EUO as well as new digital workplace services to provide cloud-first, automated and integrated support to end users. EUO services include:
We’ve been recognized by Gartner for a number of strengths:
- Persona-based services: CompuCom was one of the first companies to offer persona-based workplace services, and we are proud of the depth of our persona database and modeling technology.
- Walk-up support: To give end users the consumer-friendly experience they have come to expect, CompuCom offers Solution Cafés, which provide in-person support on corporate campuses, as well as a growing number of Tech-Zones, retail spaces offering tech support and equipment sales to small- and mid-sized companies as well as the general public.
- Client retention: Our focus on customer service, partnerships with companies like AT&T, and services like SmartDesk Solution, which provides device management to midmarket clients, help CompuCom to boast an average client tenure of 14 years.
- End-user focus: We build our entire suite of digital workplace services around the end user, from personas to walk-up services, kiosks and smart lockers.
- Low turnover: We are proud of our low turnover rates, as well as the strong technical knowledge of our associates and their laser focus on a positive end-user experience.
According to Gartner, “Leaders deliver their service solutions skillfully, have a clear vision of the direction of the service market, and are actively building and improving their competencies to sustain their leadership positions. The Leaders quadrant indicates the direction of the MWS market…Leaders have demonstrated their experience in delivering managed workplace services and understand the requirements to successfully deliver these services. They have proved their Ability to Execute and their Completeness of Vision.”
We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.
What do you think makes a leader in the IT managed services space? Feel free to leave a comment below.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.