Strides Toward Sustainability
In conjunction with Office Depot, we’ve established newly developed sustainability targets aligned with the internationally recognized Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
These SDGs are a set of 17 global goals developed by the United Nations and agreed on by other governments and over 500 companies that are aimed at achieving a balance among the three dimensions of sustainability: environmental, social, and economic.
Energy consumption, transportation emissions, and enriching our local communities will be our first steps toward increasing sustainability across all of our organizations.
Setting Standards with New Goals
CompuCom is fully committed to environmental stewardship and supporting overarching organizational objectives through our company goals:
- Evaluating the carbon footprint impact of our Field Services fleet and ongoing support of Office Depot’s reports to the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP).
- Examining and identifying opportunities to incorporate Greener Purchasing into our supply chain.
- Establishing a Sustainability Champions Team (SCT) across CompuCom to strengthen efforts.
CompuCom Digital Building
CompuCom’s corporate headquarters in Fort Mill, SC boasts the world’s first Digital Building. It leverages building automation, Internet of Things (IoT) and Power over Ethernet (PoE) to deliver savings and efficiencies.
Sensors that provide actionable data for power and workflow efficiencies and hyper-location sensors automatically track movements via Wi-Fi and look for patterns that cut costs and automatically turn off screens and lights in areas not being used.
In addition to providing greener business practices, CompuCom also sponsors philanthropic events and organizations that enhance the quality of life for those in the communities where we live and do business, including:
- CompuCom Cares Day, giving employees a day off to volunteer with their preferred nonprofit.
- A partnership between Grand & Toy and CompuCom Canada that brings together volunteers from both companies for events like the Heart & Stroke Big Bike Ride, or serving breakfast to families at the Ronald McDonald House.
- 8,080 volunteer hours served in 2018.