Questions and Answers
1. What is the Self Healing Store™?
The CompuCom® Self Healing Store is a lightweight agent installed on endpoint devices that removes the end user from handling technology issues by automatically detecting and resolving issues before they impact your company or your customers.
With the CompuCom Self Healing Store, retail companies of all sizes significantly decrease the time it takes to detect and resolve over 400 of the most common technology issues. Common tech problems are resolved in seconds and minutes versus hours and days, allowing store associates to focus on what matters most – the customer’s experience.
2. Is the Self Healing Store available on the cloud?
The Self Healing Store is both a Cloud (SaaS) or On-Premise (Hybrid) solution. Please call us at 1-800-350-8430 to learn more about how simple it is to make your store a Self Healing Store.
3. How does my company benefit from the CompuCom Self Healing Store?
Self Healing stores gain more up-time via improved technology maintenance from automated and proactive incident detection and resolution capabilities. The result is improved operational efficiencies that lead to a competitive edge and speed-to-market via a solution that removes employee intervention, leads to fewer customer service delays, and improves employee productivity.
4. Does the CompuCom Self Healing Store scale?
Yes. Any organization in the United States and Canada can take advantage of an automated, proactive incident management solution with the flexibility to scale up and down as needed.
5. What can I expect immediately after launching the Self Healing Store?
Once installed, the technology monitors and provides technology performance and health insights. When an issue is detected, the Self Healing device agent automatically resolves multiple issues without end user or technician intervention.
When issues are not automatically remediated, the Self Healing Store automatically issues an incident with the client and sends information for the support teams to triage and resolve proactively.
6. Is there a self-help tool?
Yes, a self-help, Self Healing desktop application is installed on the endpoint devices if an end user wants to manually initiate troubleshooting for issues with single click resolution.
7. How does Self Healing Store ensure security and compliance?
The Self Healing Store is easy to use and enforces security settings through a monitoring and system state management capability.
8. What are common type of issues resolved by CompuCom’s Self Healing technology?
Over 400+ types of issues can be automatically resolved by the Self Healing Store. Examples of some of the issues are related to Point of Sale (POS), Workstations, Teller Machines (Banking), Thin Clients (Healthcare), Computers, Hard Drive, Apps, PC Tune ups, Outlook, Printers, Peripherals, Browser, Display, Digital Signage, Connectivity, Network, Driver, Antivirus, Blue Screen, Startups, etc.
9. How does the Self Healing Store save money?
With the Self Healing Store your employees spend more time selling and assisting customers than dealing with tech issues. Proactive monitoring and resolution backed by automation and our managed services can save up to 20 percent of your IT department's time, while keeping your store technology up and running. This equates to a 15 to 20 percent cost reduction on technician on-site visits for unpredictable failures, peak season tech support, or service desk calls.
10. How much time does it take to resolve issues?
Issues that usually take hours and days to get resolved are now resolved in seconds or minutes with the Self Healing Store.
11. Can CompuCom integrate the Self Healing Store with other platforms and offer end-to-end technical support?
Yes, Self Healing can integrate with multiple platforms like Windows®, Linux, Mac, Android, IoS, Chrome and various ITSM platforms. Self Healing Technology is an easy plug-n-play with all other CompuCom’s managed services to provide end to end technology support to its customers.
12. How much does Self Healing Store cost?
Self Healing Store is priced per device, per month and also offered as a license. Please call us at 1-800-350-8430 to learn more about the cost.
13. What are the key benefits ofthe Self Healing Store?
- Reduction in Field Technician visits
- Overall issue reduction
- Faster issue resolution
- Improved customer experience and satisfaction
- Increased device update
- Actionable insights into performance and automations
- Improved employee utilization
- Non-invasive troubleshooting
14. What are the specifications of the Self Healing Store?
The solution includes our managed services, performance reports, and a standard library of automations.
Mac/Win/iOS/Android/ Linux/ Chrome
On-device Agent for:
- Self-help app
- Asset information
- Use Statistics
Managed Services for:
- Proactive Monitoring
- Performance Management
- Delivery of Automations
- Reporting and Actionable Insights
- Analytics Dashboards
Client Agent Requirements:
- Network -~200KB/day
- CPU - between 1-5%
- Memory - 20MB
- 1 GB RAM
- 333 MHz CPU
- 40 MB disk space
15. Does the Self Healing Store integrate with other providers of service desk technology?
Yes. The Self Healing Store can seamlessly integrate with most platforms, including but not limited to ServiceNow®, Amdocs®, HP® Service Manager, and more.
16. Is the Self Healing Store only for POS devices?
No, Self Healing can be installed on any endpoint devices with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS and also detect performance on endpoint connected peripheral devices such as printers, check readers, hard drives, and more.
17. Does the Self Healing Store require CompuCom’s own ServiceNow?
No. Although the Self Healing Store integrates with CompuCom’s Multi-tenant ServiceNow to create and update incidents, the Self Healing Store can also integrate with customers on different ITSM platforms or leverage your own instance of ServiceNow with the level of effort and implementation to be addressed on an individual basis.
18. How can we use the data for other integrations?
A tremendous amount of data around device, network & application performance is collected and analyzed with Self Healing Technology that provides value to asset management or PC Lifecycle Management processes.
21. How secure is my client data?
Very secure. CompuCom performs a risk assessment on its vendors to evaluate their security posture and ensure that the vendors (and their products) comply with CompuCom’s strict security policies.
Customer Machine Inventory details will be stored in the database and no user sensitive data will be captured by the tool.
22. Does the Self Healing Store support my data center infrastructure?
No. The Self Healing Store supports endpoint devices and is not intended for use in monitoring or remediating issues with data center infrastructure such as servers or network gear.
23. What are the differences between the cloud and on-premise options?
The primary difference is where the infrastructure components are installed. CompuCom is responsible for supporting and maintaining the cloud, SaaS-based platform. On-premise solution will require the customer to provision and support the necessary servers.
24. Does the Self Healing Store grow with new automations?
Yes, the Self Healing Store is always looking for new ways to improve. Once installed, the solution continuously monitors the user experience and new issues are identified in an environment where the CompuCom team can assess and recommend a remediation path that can include a new automation or monitoring capability.