Your right to privacy and data security is a primary concern. When you visit our web site, we help you to maintain control over your personal data on the Internet. We use the following guidelines for protecting the information you provide us during a visit to our site:
- CompuCom Respects Your Privacy
- Preserving the Security of Your Personal Information
- Collection of Your Personal Information
- Use of Your Personal Information
- Access To, and Accuracy of, Your Personal Information
- Sharing of Your Personal Information
- Sites Covered by This Privacy Statement
- Your Choices & Selection of Your Privacy Preferences
- Changes to This Statement
- Contact Us
- Dispute Resolution
CompuCom Respects Your Privacy:
CompuCom Systems Inc., together with all of its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereafter referred to as "CompuCom "), complies with the U.S. - EU or Switzerland Safe Harbor privacy principles, and the 15 FAQs that comprise the Safe Harbor Framework, as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal information from citizens of European Union member countries and Switzerland.
Specifically, CompuCom adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, access, security, data integrity, and enforcement with regard to outbound, cross-border flows of EU or Swiss personal information, as stipulated below.
CompuCom is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and business partners with whom we have the privilege to work every day.
To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view CompuCom Systems, Inc.’s certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices, the choices you can make about the way your information is collected online, and how that information is used.
Preserving the Security of Your Personal Information:
CompuCom charges its associates with protecting your personal information while it is in our custody. Collectively, we at CompuCom take extensive precautions to protect your personal information. We have put in place a combination of physical, administrative, and technical controls to safeguard the information we collect from you.
The personal information you provide us is stored on computer systems located in facilities with controlled access. Any credit card information we collect is used solely for processing payments and is not used for any other purpose.
Our focus on protection is not just on collection, storage, and processing of personal information, but secure transfer of that information as well.
Collection of Your Personal Information:
In general, you can visit CompuCom websites without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. There are times, however, when we may need personal information from you in order to provide you with the service or information you request.
We collect only the personal information we need to successfully conduct the business transaction at hand. Further, we ensure that notice and the opportunity for consent are provided during these transactions. Unless you consent otherwise, we will use the personal information we collect from you only for its original, intended purpose (for example, registration for special events or promotions, handling of any questions or issues you may have, etc.).
The types of personal information you provide us on these web pages may include contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address; as well as billing and transaction information such as your credit card number; and other unique information such as user IDs and passwords. If you prefer not to provide contact information via our websites, please call us at 972-856-3600 to request information about our services.
In addition to the information you provide directly to CompuCom, we may also collect information about your visit to a CompuCom website through such methods as automated data collection tools (e.g., cookies) and embedded web links.
Use of Your Personal Information:
CompuCom may use your personal information in one or more of the following ways:
- Assist you in completing a transaction or order;
- Communicate with you about products and services;
- Provide service and support;
- Update you on services and benefits;
- Provide personalized promotional offers;
- Select content to be communicated to you;
- Prevent and detect fraud or other malicious activity.
Use of Web Beacons
We may also use web beacons in promotional email messages to determine whether the message was opened and acted on. We may use this information on email response to develop future promotions you may enjoy. For these purposes, some of our Web beacons are tied to your e-mail address.
Except for the email address you have previously provided, the information we collect does not identify you. To modify your privacy options, visit here.
Use of E-mail Addresses
The CompuCom.com website provides you with the opportunity to request information regarding CompuCom's services. We use email addresses provided to us in the following ways:
- Return e-mail: We use e-mail addresses to answer the e-mail we receive. Your e-mail address is not shared with outside parties, except as indicated in this Privacy Statement.
- E-mail messages to existing clients: From time to time, we may send promotional e-mails to our existing clients. We offer you the option not to receive e-mail messages related to product promotions and services (by e-mailing us at Privacy@compucom.com). Please see the "Opt-out Provision" section below.
- E-mail addresses obtained from events: To market our products and services, we use e-mail addresses obtained through business reply cards and forms at events (for example, seminars). If you receive an e-mail from us following such an event, we will provide a "message reply" option for you to elect not to receive future e-mail messages related to our product and service promotions (or you may e-mail us at Privacy@compucom.com).
Access To, and Accuracy of, Your Personal Information:
CompuCom provides individuals with reasonable access to their own personal information that they provide to us.
Individuals have the ability to review and correct their personal information, as well as request anonymity or deletion of the information, except when the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual's privacy in the case in question, or when the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated.
To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a User ID and password, before granting access to your data.
CompuCom strives to maintain accurate records of your personal information. To help maintain this accuracy, we use a variety of technologies and management techniques. If your personal information changes or you would like to review the personal information we may have on file, please e-mail us with the new information or your review request at Privacy@compucom.com.
Sharing of Your Personal Information:
CompuCom will not sell, rent or lease your personal information, or share it with others, except as indicated in this Privacy Statement.
CompuCom will not disclose an individual's personal information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- CompuCom has the individual's permission to make the disclosure;
- The personal information in question is publicly available;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or disposition of all or part of our business;
- The disclosure is to another CompuCom entity or to persons or entities providing services on CompuCom's or the individual's behalf.
CompuCom may share your information to protect the safety, property, or other rights of CompuCom, its affiliates, customers, or associates, or when we believe that the law requires it. We will share your information:
- When release is required by law or regulation, or is requested by a government agency (for example, a subpoena);
- When the disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment or defense of legal claims; or,
- Upon discovery of fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices if we believe a governmental agency should be notified.
Additionally, CompuCom may use "non-identifying" information in the aggregate to better design our website and to share with our business partners. For example, CompuCom may inform a business partner that a certain number of individuals visited a certain area on our website or that a certain number filled out a registration form, but we would not disclose any personal information that could be used to identify those individuals.
Sites Covered by This Privacy Statement:
CompuCom has corporate presence world-wide, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that span across borders. This Privacy Statement applies to all CompuCom-owned websites and domains.
Links to Other Sites
We may also provide social media features that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with CompuCom on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
Your Choices & Selection of Your Privacy Preferences:
When CompuCom asks for information, we give our users the opportunity to "opt-out" from having their information used for purposes not directly related to the business purpose. Users who no longer wish to receive our promotional materials may opt-out from receiving these communications by e-mailing us at: Privacy@compucom.com.
Changes to This Statement:
If CompuCom changes this privacy statement, we will post the revisions on this website. Such changes will be effective upon posting. If we make significant changes, we may also notify you by other means, such as sending an email or posting a notice on our home page.
CompuCom welcomes your comments regarding our privacy practices. If you have questions about this statement, or how your personal information is handled, please contact us at Privacy@compucom.com.
If you prefer an alternative to contacting us on-line, call us at 972-856-3600 and ask to speak with the Privacy Officer.
Individuals with formal inquiries or complaints regarding this Privacy Statement or CompuCom's privacy practices should contact CompuCom at:
CompuCom Systems, Inc.
c/o CompuCom Legal Department
7171 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230
Privacy Complaints by European Union or Swiss Citizens:
CompuCom has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed by CompuCom, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at http://bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.